Sunday, October 31, 2010

there goes October!

It astounds me that November is just a mere few hours away. What a busy October!
We had good family time this weekend! Michael came home Friday evening to go with us to the last high school cross country meet of the season on Saturday. Well, it ended up being the last meet, as the girls team did not make it to state. Kelsey did not do as well as she wanted to at this meet. That's the tricky part of running-you never know when you'll have a good day or bad. But she now gets a well deserved break from running. And we are hoping to stay on top of the breathing issue.
our trip over to the meet on Whidbey Island


Kelsey and Jaclyn 
I had some laughs driving to/from the meet, since I had Michael, Jake and Ben all crammed in the back seat-being their goofy selves. I sure miss having these boys around.  :)
Michael was able to work a shift (for Kelsey) at Albertson's. If he works once every three months at our store, he will be able to get summer hours.
Sunday morning all four of us had brunch with Dean and Jude. Dean is in the process of officially moving to Reno. Jude will be following him in the next few months. Michael headed back up to Bellingham in the early afternoon. Then Kelsey and I went over to the Kennedy's to "help" with trick-or-treating. Kathryn wasn't too thrilled at times, Ryan loved it. Krista made us a yummy pizza!
I'm really dreading the beginning of the holiday season, and not having a way to burn all the extra calories. I joined the local gym this week. Now I just need to use it! I am allowed to bike ride, that is about it. I'm a much better running buddy than getting to the gym-type of person.

Michael, Dean and Kelsey
Ryan and their pumpkin
trick or treat!
Kelsey and Ryan

No comments: