Sunday, October 17, 2010

only two meets left

This cross country season has seemed to go by faster than the previous five (only counting high school years here)! Our own school district meet was this past Thursday. Girls took 2nd, guys 3rd (out of four schools). Kelsey had a really good race and she said she felt good. It was a rainy fall day, which does seem to benefit her. It went from sunny and nice at 1:30 pm-to raining and cool by 3:30 pm!! Due to the weather change, Krista and the kids didn't make it out to watch. Bummer. So, once again-not too many pictures were taken. And, as you can see-since it was cloudy/dark-this picture is blurry.

Many years ago, a coworker and friend, Kim, gave me a wonderful gift when she had drawn my name at Christmas.  She dried/pressed some flowers, and put together two school collage frames, one for each of my kids. I think this was my first Christmas at North Seattle Pediatrics, and Michael had just started kindergarten that year. So, this week, was a long time in coming: I filled the last small picture for Kelsey's frame. One of the kids' friends calls it the evolution of Michael and Kelsey. Thank you, Kim! I will always treasure your gift. (they each have a nice frame-some of it just got cropped out as I was trying to not get a lot of reflection on the glass)





Today, I also decided to throw away all of the kids' Halloween artwork made over the years. I realized that I am unlikely to hang it up again. So, for my sake-I took a picture to remember it all:

I surprised Kelsey by running out to Macy's on my lunch break last Monday to buy a dress she had put on hold. This is her first homecoming where she has been asked to go by a boy, young man, male friend, boyfriend (...what is the best way to describe??), not just in a group of girls. She found a dress she loved, and I had to wrestle with my "cheapness" and decide it was worth it. Pictures will be posted of that next weekend. 

Tomorrow is another foot follow-up, appointment. I am anxious to get the all clear to slowly get back into running. Please, please let this be the day!!

1 comment:

Amy and Matt said...

oh my goodness. i can't believe you kept that artwork for so long. I think i would have had a hard time throwing it away as well.