Sunday, December 5, 2010

not too inspired....yet

I used to look forward to getting all the Christmas decorations out and up. I would have the outdoor lights ready to be turned on come December 1st. I'm not feeling it this year. I did get white and green lights on our palm trees. Those are not Christmas lights, as they stay on through February. And, I did get some snowmen decorations up in the house. Oh, and I did put the lights up in my garden window, by our drink ware. The background picture on my blog shows my lights. I really don't think I will get lights put on the house. No one else in my household ever helps, and not sure if they care about them. So, maybe this year, I just won't do any. Pat and Michael will get the tree next weekend, when Michael is home for the break. I do love decorating a tree. All of our ornaments have a history, from a key representing our first year here in the house, 1st Christmases for each baby, hand made elementary school projects, tropical, UW, sporting ornaments for each kid-just to name a few.

Baking day is getting split up this year. Michael wants to help with the sugar cookie tradition. So, that waits until next weekend.  I want to get the other stuff started before then. Today is Buckeye day. Hopefully Kelsey will help out. And my friend, Dory is coming over to keep me company. To make a two triple batches of buckeyes is a labor of love.

Onto the entertaining moment of the week. Krista had asked if I could get pictures of her kids for a Christmas card. I did this last year too. Well, let's just say it didn't go as smoothly this year. Kelsey and I went over to their house. To keep both of them still, both looking at the camera with a smile (or at least not a scowl), is pretty much impossible!! I took over 90 pictures-Krista was able to pick three that she liked. So, the mission was accomplished.
2009
2010
Yesterday was the Apple Cup. It is our rival state college football game. UW had a bowl game on the line. I had our office Christmas party to go to right in the middle of the game!! I was so thankful to walk into the pizza place and see a large screen television!! It was a close one, but we won in the end. phew.

I had another foot appointment. I really thought I would get the clearance to slowly restart. But since I still had a twinge of pain on palpation, he's not letting me run quite yet. My next appointment is not until the new year. I am so disappointed. I did take the kids for a walk to the post office on Friday. And, pushing the double stroller up a hill was a challenge! My foot has been a little tender since then....makes me angry. I really have been following the rules, so to just go for a walk and get some pain is frustrating.

2 comments:

Krista said...

what a difference a year makes! As crazy as that picture is, I think we'll always treasure it as a sign of what we went through to get something decent. Again, thanks for all your help!!

Amy and Matt said...

i love the pic of the kids...too cute. so them im sure!