Sunday, November 28, 2010

snow for Thanksgiving

Last Monday, we all headed off to work and school with snow falling. The forecast was to get a small accumulation, followed by arctic air on Tuesday. Well, as we know forecasts can be wrong-and it was. The moisture stalled above our area, and gave us more snow than expected (granted, still only a few inches in the Seattle area). But as the day progressed, the temperatures dropped, and everything began to freeze. Then add in some wind. It was very reminiscent of living in Minot, North Dakota. Kelsey, Pat and I all made it home without too many issues. My sister, Kerri and her husband, Eric had a 6+ hour commute home. Yuck. Tuesday we awoke to beautiful blue skies and very cold temperatures. School and work were cancelled. Pat was able to get to Bellingham and picked up Michael, to bring him home for the long weekend. We didn't even get to 25 degrees that day. School was cancelled again on Wednesday due to the icy conditions. The last time they had snow/temps like this early in the season was in 1985-my freshman year of college!
an actual snow drift in our back yard
The snow was melting by Thanksgiving Day. The Lewis family gathered at our house. It was a great meal, and I love my family with all of my heart. 

Kelsey is on her final week of work at Albertsons. Michael came home and worked a shift for her on Tuesday night. She gave him the status of 'best brother-ever.' He managed to get a total of 19 hours worked this weekend.

I have a love/hate relationship with Netflix right now. Since we have joined it 3 months ago: I now know the plot lines of Dexter, Weeds, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and Doc Martin. This is in addition to current t.v. series that I already watch. If someone starts watching it-I get sucked in!

Today is my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you! (and I hope you got the little something that I forgot to give you on Thursday).

No comments: