Sunday evening, Michael was planning to return to the church to play again, and watch a choir concert. He made it through his part, but returned home immediately after-since the flu was hitting him. I woke up about 4am, dreading the feeling I had. And by 6am, I knew I was not going to work that day. I think in the fourteen years at the peds office, I have called in sick for me just a couple times. It's hard, because I knew that there were no other nurses to pick up my day. So, the office worked short on a busy Monday. It was a full 24 hours until I sort of felt human again. I worked on Tuesday, but did not have my regular appetite until Friday. Then....on that same Tuesday in the morning-the back pain that Pat started having on Sunday was so bad that we finally convinced him to go to the ER. He went by himself. I had to work, and he didn't want to "waste" Kelsey's time. Michael was working that day too. He spent 6 hours in the ER. We thought it was kidney stones, as did the ER, until the CT scan came back normal. After more tests, all normal, they sent him home, without a diagnosis-but with some pain pills. After calling our doctor's office on Wednesday, and a visit there on Thursday morning-the only diagnosis they could come up with was a herniated disc. Not really sure if this was it or not. They gave him steroids, and he did improve. Thankfully he could somewhat enjoy Christmas. I will add here for those of you that don't know Pat: he is NOT a typical guy when sick. He is very stoic, and has a huge pain tolerance. I know for a fact that I would have been a complete wreck if this had happened to me. But he continued on, and even managed to still cook our wonderful seafood boil dinner for Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve is at my parents house. Michael had to work until 3pm, so we did not get down to their house until 4:30. Dinner was at 6. Presents after that. Unfortunately our late start did not coincide with Kathryn's schedule, and she slept through the gift time. Krista and I having our two families 15 years apart can be tough. :)
![]() |
| Mom and Dad's tree |
This past week, all of us have worked a little. We had a little snow. I had a fun late afternoon gathering with a group of "elementary school" moms.
Last night was an awesome late Christmas gift-our unranked Huskies beat the #18 Nebraska Cornhuskers in the Holiday Bowl. It was a great game! The Huskies just came out and pretty much dominated!!
And now here it is, the last day of 2010. The kids each have plans to ring in the new year. I think Pat and I will likely just sleep through it, and I am totally okay with that!
Here is to a happy 2011.


1 comment:
uh, that's exactly what Matt and I are doing this New Year's Eve....hehehe. It sounds absolutely delightful!
Post a Comment