But first, Friday night was our community parade. It was fun as usual. The Grand Marshall was Edgar Hansen from the Northwestern on "Deadliest Catch." He lives here in Mountlake Terrace. (as well as another deckhand, Matt). Michael walked in the parade supporting one of the high school teachers who is running for a state representative position.
Saturday: Krista and Paul had a wonderful gathering at their house. My pictures posted here are mostly family pictures. I have many more posted on facebook. It was a fish themed party:
Michael and Ryan
Michael and Kathryn (she is studying the AAA map of Bellingham-deciding if she approves of where Michael is attending college and supporting where her dad works)
a picture of me, with Kathryn and my dad
Kelsey and RyanKelsey with Kathryn
Cake time!Party picture
time for presentsAfter the party, Kelsey and I headed downtown for the Seafair Torchlight 5K. I opted not to run, since my foot had been hurting. I even went as far as to wear the boot, so I wouldn't even be tempted! There were some of Kelsey's team mates, and two of my friends participating. Honestly, it was a very hard thing to attend. I will admit right now-that it was a huge pity party on my part. It was ok in the beginning. By the time the runners all got through the start, it was only a few minutes until the first finisher arrived. And, then a few minutes after that some of our runners were finishing. I tried to get pictures.
My biggest frustration was because I felt like I needed to stay in one area for the kids to find me. But then they found the other coach-and were with him. (which I didn't know) I was stuck in this corner-not being able to partake in the activities. So, by this time-I was a mess. Yep, I'll admit it, even had to cry. This is where I add that I love my daughter. She could see I wasn't doing well, and let me cry on her shoulder. I felt stupid-and I know I am being selfish. I am just so frustrated with this foot pain, and how it is taking the fun summer activities away from me.





No comments:
Post a Comment