Thursday, August 12, 2010

it's been a while

Let's catch up: I have been slowly preparing for Michael's big graduation party this weekend.  For me that means shopping for snacks and drinks (of course), cleaning, and prepping the yard.  Last weekend was actually quite cool and a little rainy.  It was nice for the gardens, but wasn't the best weather for those Seafair folks.  Sunday was dry in the afternoon, which worked out well for our Blue Angels viewing down at Boeing field.  I told myself that I was NOT going to take more pictures of these amazing planes as I have so many from years past.  I did take my camera to capture Ryan watching them.  Ok, I took a few others, but they are people pictures:

Krista and I
Michael and his buddies-Ben and Jake
Ryan with Kelsey and Jaclyn (Michael photo bomb)
And Ryan watching the planes land.  We actually were waved at by the #4 pilot!!

Well for those of you that are regular readers, you will notice that it is Michael's ex-girlfriend that joined us. She and Kelsey are good friends.  I give Michael credit for accepting the fact that Jaclyn is still part of our lives, and that he can be around her.  

That same night the kids joined Kerri and Eric at a Sounders game. They got to be down on the field. AND they met the #1 and #6 Blue Angel pilots!!  (mom very jealous)  This was a gift to Michael for his graduation.  And he was nice enough to invite his sister. 

We found out last week that a friend of ours, Dean, is moving to Reno. And, he is already there.  His wife, Jude, will likely join him in the spring.  :(  She is a great friend of mine, and also happens to be my amazing hair dresser.  We are not too happy about this transition.  

I am still not running.  That is all I have to say about that.

But, speaking of mobility: my niece Kathryn is on the move.  She is crawling!  And Krista says that she is pulling herself up too.  I am sure I will witness it this Friday.  It is time to pull out the gate when they are here.  
Last week I caught her on video.  She loves a certain Veggie Tales song, and as soon as she hears it-her mood changes and she dances.  


Yesterday, Krista and I were able to dine at El Gaucho in Bellevue for lunch with Kerri for her birthday.  Kerri works for the company that owns El Gaucho, and she had a meeting there in the morning.  The food was amazing.  And I love my sisters!  It is nice to get time for just the three of us. 


Well, I should get back to the yard work.  

No comments: