Thankfully when the weather cooled last week we were packing up and headed to Central-Eastern Washington. We went camping at Blue Lake. We hadn't been there in quite a few years. The winds literally blew us off of the lake that year. We got over there on Thursday afternoon. It was in the high 80's! Ahhhh. Well, the winds were blowing on our first evening there. Our brand new camper awning caught a gust and blew completely over the top of the camper. (And not until coming home did we see that it punctured a hole in the top of our metal roof-ugg). Friday was a gorgeous day over there. Michael and I got some tubing in. Our friend, Jude, brought their boat. Her husband, Dean has just started a job in Reno, so he couldn't join us :-(. Other friends joined us later on Friday, for one night. Friday had calm winds, but the mosquitos were biting. Saturday was nice, but not as warm as expected-with some high clouds. We managed to survive by tubing some more!! As one group of friends was leaving, we had Max and Gretchen arriving. Max is a long time friend. Pat and I met him way back in our college days! Well, the winds were back Saturday night. But thankfully not as strong as Thursday night. Sunday was the pack up and go home day.
Here are a couple pictures of our last visit at Blue Lake:
This year-same view point, without the wind:
Michael and his tubing fun:
We had visitors at the cove. There were about 10 of them, branded, so not wild. They came over to us!
Family picture at Dry Falls on the way home:
I took some vacation days this week. Kelsey and I have done a little shopping. She has not wanted to admit that school is starting in just a couple weeks. The most excited she has been was when we bought her a new pair of xc spikes. I have to admit that they are cool looking-neon yellow and purple!! I have gradually been picking up items here and there for Michael's dorm room. A new pillow, mattress pad, new sheets, towels, etc. He still has a few weeks at home. I have friends that have sent their kids off already, or are about to this week. I am thankful to have him here until mid-September. I didn't mention in my last post that Michael had been to his 2 day orientation at WWU. He has registered for 13 credits for fall quarter: all humanities classes-English, Philosophy, and Psychology. I think he will be reading a lot. He also found out that the Albertsons in Bellingham would love for him to transfer up to their store. He hopes to be able to work at both stores, depending on where he living.
Finally, I will add another foot update. I had my second appointment with the sports med doc. It is just a slow recovery process. Nothing can make the healing go any faster. I am not running. He says I can bike. (I had stopped because it hurt my foot a little) I did sign up for a session of hot yoga classes. Hmmm-that will be interesting.
To sign off-here are a few pictures of my summer flowers:
![]() |
| hardy hibiscus |
![]() |
| agapanthus (Lily of the Nile) |
![]() |
| dahlias |



No comments:
Post a Comment