Thursday, July 29, 2010

wrapping up July

I forget how busy this time of year can be. But it is full of fun summer activities. Events like the annual XC team BBQ at St. Edwards after a trail/hill run. Here is Kelsey with her good friend, Nina. They made a roasted marshmallow sugar cookie sandwich.
The following night was my office picnic at Carkeek Park.  Kelsey took this awesome picture of me with my niece, Kathryn.  
                      
View as we left Carkeek Park.  Sun setting on over the Puget Sound, and Olympic Mountains.
The next morning found us at this beautiful spot along Lake Washington, with Mt. Rainier in the background. Michael had been invited to run in the East/West All-Star meet. These were selected athletes across the state. It was a warm day! How I love to watch my kids run! And this is likely the last race I will watch Michael run in the foreseeable future.

Kelsey got up early to watch her brother run.
More sunny day adventures put us on Lake Stevens.  Dean and Jude had their boat out for some fun tubing. My arms were so sore after!! This is Michael leaving the dock area.

It's Kennedy birthday week. Ryan turned 3 on Monday, and Kathryn will be 1 this Saturday.  So hard to believe!  
Here is Ryan wearing a shirt that Michael once wore. Michael is 4 in the picture. (Kelsey is 2)
Here is miss Kathryn. I asked her to make her funny face-and I got it! She is wearing the shirt that Kelsey and I bought her in Puerto Vallarta.

College update: Michael received his housing assignment for Western. He is moving to the Ridge, in the dorm Highland Hall. He already knows his roommate, a friend from high school. It's getting closer!
Foot update: I went in for a second opinion at the sports med clinic. I liked the podiatrist I met with. Bottom line-I have plantar fasciitis-no running until it is healed.  ARRRGH!!  I am allowed to bike and swim, and walk to a certain extent. I am not a patient patient. The verdict is still out on the barefoot option.

No comments: