Friday, July 2, 2010

broken heart

There are a lot of things that you are never prepared for when it comes to parenting.  Yesterday, I learned how hard it is to see you child's heart broken. Michael and his girlfriend, Jaclyn broke up.  It was driven mostly by her, because of a very busy summer schedule that can't be dedicated to a boyfriend.  And also likely to the fact that he is headed away to college in the fall.  I know he would have wanted to try the long distance relationship thing.
My mommy heart aches for him. As adults, we know he will get through it. I have acknowledged his pain, and cried with him.  But I hope he can get around these feelings to be able to enjoy his summer.  He has awesome friends that made him get out of the house yesterday. And laughed with him through a game of Quelf.  I think he just needs to keep busy for a while.  We are headed out of town for the long weekend tomorrow.  It will be a good thing.  (I hope)
The extra challenge will be that Kelsey and Jaclyn are good friends.

As for other feelings-I have reached my tolerance level of being in the boot.  I find myself jealous of everyone who is out running, hiking, walking......doing anything physical.  I hate that I have these feelings, but I do.  So, I am grumpy.  I find that exercise is my mental relief.  I process life stuff when I run, be it with a friend or on my own.  My worry is that come next week, when I can take this boot off, it won't be better.  I don't know what I did in the first place to cause it, so how will I know what to avoid? And after the steps I have done to fix it, it seemed to get worse. I feel so blah-my legs are weak, and I worry that I will end up with other issues.  I know, why worry over what I can't control?  Ummm, ya-not working.

I wish everyone a Happy July 4th!  Be safe.

1 comment:

Kim Wilkowski said...

So sorry about Michael and Jaclyn - I feel for your pain in that too! I have been there and it is hard when you can't make their pain go away, but know that they have to go through it, and that ultimately it will be a growing experience for them. Sorry about your "restless foot" syndrome, too! After vacation, I have "lazy foot" syndrome.