Sunday, June 27, 2010

summer begins

This week we swung into the start of summer.  The weather is trying, but not completely settled into the best it can be.  Kelsey spent the first part of the week on the couch-recovering from the school schedule.  On Wednesday, she headed over to the Leavenworth area (a couple hour drive from here) to a cross country camp.  They made it, even with the school district van breaking down just a few minutes away from camp.  On Thursday, my friend, Dory and I drove up for a 24 hour stay.  It was gorgeous!
Tall Timber's Ranch
I, unfortunately, could not join them in the trail running this year. So I enjoyed the river view from this rock. 


We enjoyed the scenery, Dory ran, we had a fun group campfire, with delicious s'mores and the next morning our school's campers did a high ropes course.  Michael, Jake, Ben and Tennyson (all new grads, and former runners) got to the ranch location by 9:30am! This means that they were on the road by 6:30 in the morning.  Pat had reserved a trailer campsite at the nearby Lake Wenatchee campground for the weekend.  He stayed to set up the campsite, while the guys came to the running camp to help out with the high ropes course.  All four of them were up on platforms high in the trees for over two hours.  I was able to get pictures of everyone up in the trees! I will only bore you with pictures of my two.
Kelsey and Jake.
 Picture below is a sign of brotherly love!
Kelsey on the zipline
and then Michael on the zipline.  He was laughing so
hard at his friends that had made a wall to "catch" him!

My follow up podiatrist appointment was Thursday before I left for this camp.  He is calling it an avulsion fracture.  He thinks my tendon pulled off a bone chip.  The chip is gone, but the surrounding area is a mess.  So, two more weeks in the boot (for now). The good news is that I don't have to wear the boot on my trip to Mexico.  But, I had to promise to wear my running shoes as much as possible.
So, this is a picture of the ultrasound image of the bottom of my foot.  The curved solid line is the tendon along the bottom of my foot.  The bump/bubble you see is extra fluid around the tear.  That is not supposed to be there.
Ok, it's time for me to get ready to go to Ben's graduation party.  


p.s. On a somber note-I want to send the Cox family a huge hug. Tom Cox passed away this morning.  I wish them peace during this difficult time. He was a kind and caring husband, dad and grandfather.  He will be missed.

No comments: