We headed out of town Saturday morning, after nice dinner here with Carlos and Ernie the night before. Carlos used to work with Pat, and Ernie has known Carlos for many years. (Pat, Carlos and Ernie all share the same birthday!) This past year I was introduced to Ernie's blog. He is a teacher in Italy, in an exchange student program. He writes and takes pictures on all of his outings around the area. After our trip last year, I love to see what Italy has to offer. He is home for a few weeks this summer, and I was excited to finally meet him.
As usual, a holiday weekend in the northwest usually means clouds and rain. Thankfully we avoided the rain, but it was not a great weather 4th of July. This is the same place we went for Memorial Day. I took a few more artsy pictures:
Kelsey with a favorite treat-large bucket of Cheetos!
Pat, Michael and Mango down on the dock.
It seemed like everywhere we looked on the lake, there were fireworks. It was an amazing show right over our heads, and we didn't need to go anywhere. I needed to update my pictures of the kids with Burt.
Burt is trying so hard to be taller than Michael! Sorry, Burt, it is not going to happen.
And, sure enough, as soon as we left today, the sun came out. The forecast for the week is sun, sun, sun. Yay! Maybe summer is finally here.
This Thursday Kelsey and I are headed for the strong sun-Puerto Vallarta. We are going to a wedding. So, there will be no blog update next weekend. Bye for now!



No comments:
Post a Comment