Tuesday night was Michael's first and last choir quad concert. This is when all the schools in our quadrant of our school district get together to perform. So this picture is all the choirs from four elementary schools, one middle school, and our high school. Michael is the tallest one on your right. He has his orchestra quad concert this coming week.
Thursday was track meet day. Michael ran in the mile and 4x400m relay. He was one second off of his fastest mile time. So close!Kelsey ran the 800m and 4x400m relay. She improved her 800m time by 4 seconds. If you look closely, she is wearing her breathe right strip. We are not sure how far into the finals we can go with it on, but it's worked well so far.
Kelsey and her friend, Christina after the 4x400 relay.
Friday was my (we think 13th) annual trip to Flower World with Joanna. We start the morning with a hearty breakfast at Maltby Cafe, then we go plant shopping. I couldn't afford this beautiful hibiscus plant, but I loved the color of the flower. And this year we added a stop to our favorite running store that was having a sale. I spent more money at the Brooks Outlet, than I did at Flower World. But, I should add that I bought the kids each a pair of new shoes too! Fun, fun day.
We had a nice visit from Krista, Ryan and Kathryn on Saturday morning. Paul was invited to the Mariner's game, and Krista wanted an outing. Paul is heading back to world of employment this week. (yay!) We figured it was probably a good idea to get Kathryn introduced to her Friday daycare. She is nine months old now. Unbelievable.
Later, Saturday afternoon, we had a boys only invitational to go to. (Kelsey had been on the alternate list in the mile for the girls only invitational in the morning, but she chose to go to a study group for her upcoming AP European History exam this week, instead). Both of these meets require the kids to be running at a certain times to qualify. Michael ran in one of the 3200m (two mile) races.
And he finally PR'd! I am so happy for him. This is the fastest he's run this year, and he bettered his time by 4 seconds over his best time ever. Oh-he ran the two miles in 10 minutes, 23 seconds!
The winner of the 3200 overall ran it in 9:13!! Man, these kids are fast. We also witnessed the fastest high school mile time ran in the country so far, this year. A senior from North Central high school ran a 4:06 mile. I can't even fathom that speed.
Saturday evening, I had another sister visit. Kerri and Eric stopped by, looking all tan from their trip to St. Maarten. It was nice to see all of their vacation pics. I love the Caribbean!
Well, the skies are brightening up a bit outside-maybe I'll get some of my new plants in the ground.
Until next time,
1 comment:
that was a good title!
Post a Comment