Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

An addendum to the Thursday evening video post.  I was sitting at the concert, waiting for it to start and wondering why I hadn't heard from Pat.  He doesn't usually miss the concerts.  My phone rang, with an unknown number-it was him, calling from work.  His iPhone had been stolen right off of his desk, and he was waiting for the campus police.  He was NOT a happy camper, as one would imagine.  He filed his report, and thankfully made it just in time for Michael's group to start singing.  Friday morning, however, he got a call.  They actually found his phone is one of the garages!  If you use the wrong pass code to unlock an iPhone, after three tries, it shuts down.  Well, luckily for Pat, they just tossed it aside.  It still has the case on it, with just a few scratches.  He is so lucky!
Friday began our weekend.  Pat and I headed down to our friend's place in Lacey just before lunch.  The 1.5 hour drive took us 3 hours!!  The weather was horrible.  Once we were there, we just settled in, and admired their new digs.  The last time we were here-it was a small cabin, built in 1901.  Now it is a nice lake front home! 
Saturday morning-still raining-Michael drove down. He had to work Friday evening.  Patty and I drove to Tacoma to pick up Kelsey.  She was there supporting Nina in her state track meet participation. Nina made it through prelims on Friday, and ran in the state finals on Saturday.  She is 8th in the state! 
When we got back to the lake-the sun was making an appearance! So, most of my pictures are from this brief time frame:
Kels and I out on the pontoon boat:
Patty and Kelsey:
Burt, Pat and Michael:
bald eagles:
I really like this picture of Kelsey reading by the window:
Michael-on Sunday, out on the kayak: the rain is back!
Kelsey HAD to get in the water-not on the sunny day though! BRRR:

We drove to Cabella's on Sunday. It is a hunting and fishing superstore.  Not my cup of tea.

Senior update: Limo, tux and flowers ordered for prom, Jaclyn finally found a dress! And Michael's senior project presentation seemed to go well.  He asked me not to go, and I didn't.  He is glad that it is over!!

No comments: