Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring break

Well, spring break is over.  The weather here was down right yucky most of the week. I've already posted all about Kelsey's week! Michael is back from his mission trip in Mexico.  I borrowed this picture from his facebook page.  His first comment to me when I saw him, was that he thinks it was the best money we have ever spent on him.  And he hopes to make it back again. It has been tough getting back to reality for him.  That can be the hardest part of getting away.


My kids (and other track team distance runners), Dory and I did a run on Friday in the pouring rain, and wind.  The only thing that kept me going was knowing there was breakfast at the Maltby Cafe afterwards.  And, it was worth it!  I decided not to go hiking with co-workers on Saturday.  Just couldn't get my act together to prepare for hiking in the cold rain/snow.  




So I am sitting here on Easter morning-just back from a long run by myself.  It is now, finally, a gorgeous sunny day. It figures, right?  Now that spring break is done? Generally, I am not a fan of running solo-but today-it was good for me. Lots of thinking time.  Michael is at church with the friends in the picture above.  Pat is working .  Microsoft does work their employees at all times.  And Kelsey is working on homework, watching tv, and hoping that she is not getting another cold.  Her new piercing never got red/inflamed-it looks like she has always had it. 

No comments: