Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Kelsey!

Kelsey is now 16 years old.  Where does the time go?  She thought I was taking her out to lunch, which I did.  However, I had twelve amazing women join us, to surprise her.  Each of these ladies have been a part of Kelsey's life. And thanks to all the other women in her life who were not available this week. 
Kelsey with some yummy treats! Krista cookies:

the sundae at The Ram:    
    

Kelsey with her great aunt, Karol, and her grandma:

with Lisa:
                           

with Amy (and bacon!):

with me and Vinita:

with Alexis:

with Patty:

with Shirley:

with Barb:

with Jude:

with her grandma, mom and two aunts:
After this lunch-she had a pool work out for the track team.  Some of the girls on the team made her a cake. After the pool work out, there was still one more thing to do.
This may surprise some of you.  Kelsey has wanted her nose pierced for quite a while. Thankfully, Slave to the Needle, requires anyone to be 16 before getting a piercing, other than ears.  So, she waited, and had time to make sure she really wanted it.  We changed the tradition of getting a ring when turning sixteen.  Well, here it is: 

So, there is her day. (I should also add that we bought and watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakquel"-yes, Zachary Levi is in that movie!) I am updating this on March 31.  And she has now passed her driving test.  I am so happy and proud of her.  But the mom in me knows it doesn't slow down from here.  

1 comment:

Amy and Matt said...

What a happy post! I'll be watching for her on the road!