A little follow up on Michael's birthday. We went out to dinner at Red Robin that night for dinner. Here he is with his girlfriend, Jaclyn. We also had Kerri and Eric, and the Kennedy's join us. It was a fun evening.
Thursday, we once again had our power off, so PUD could do "line" maintenance. This was the second time within two weeks. With our salt water tank, someone has to be home to refill and run the generator. Pat got everything set up, and I stayed around to keep it going. It is very weird having no power-so I am home, but I can't sit at the computer, or even do laundry or vacuum. Don't worry, I managed to find house work to keep me busy. And at one point I went for a short run. When I came back all the power was back on (4 hours early)!! That afternoon was another track meet at our district stadium.This is Nina and Kelsey with their handoff in the 4x400m:
Michael ran the mile and two mile. This is the start of one of them.
He was not happy with either of his times. :-(
Friday was a normal day. But there was a first for me that evening. Kelsey and Michael came home from track practice. I knew Michael was busy that evening. And Kelsey came home asking if she could take the van over to a friend's house for a girls team gathering. I really didn't have any plans, so off she went. They were literally home for less than 30 minutes. I am okay with the quiet house during the day, but I do not like being alone in the evening and without a car. Pat is in the middle of a huge site release and has been working all sorts of crazy hours. So he wasn't home either. Thankfully, my friend Kim was available and we went out to eat.
Oh, and he was much happier with his time! :-)
So, you are asking: where are the Kelsey pictures? She lined up to run the mile-the guy checking her in asks what is under the bandaid on her nose. She honestly answers that it is a piercing. He says take it out or don't run. WHAT???? We had just run at this exact stadium, with the same staff on Thursday night-without any problems. She can't take it out-it isn't even 2 weeks old. Oh my gosh, she was devastated. Here she is all set to run, and then nope-she's out. (oh, and then they had to scramble to find another runner for the 4x400) The distance coach even tried to talk to them. When Kelsey thought about doing this piercing-she asked the head coach if she could compete, as long as it was covered. He said that was fine. We thought it was all good. We have seen kids all the time with tape on ears, eyebrows, and noses. I really don't know why this meet was treated differently. I hope to find out. I can see at big district stuff maybe-but this was an invitational early in the season. To put more salt in her wound (there is a pun there for those of you with piercings!) we saw other kids competing with necklaces that night. If they are to have a no jewelry rule-they better be consistent about it. And, yes, I have sent an email to the head coach about this. I hope to hear back tomorrow. In reality, the only person that this affected was Kelsey. She felt so bad, and felt like she was letting her coach and teammates down. It was tough.
Okay-on to my appointment. I saw my podiatrist on Saturday. And that annoying little pain in my foot, that I have been trying to ignore, is what he calls stage 2 of plantar faciitis. CRAP! I had seen him a few months back when I had the early morning hobble out of bed (stage 1). I wore a boot 30" each night-had super feet in my running shoes, and wore those to work (no more cute shoes). It got better. When I saw him in February, I thought I was done with it. Well, a couple weeks after that appointment, I started getting a different pain on the bottom of my heel. Very point specific. I thought it was a different thing-so tried to just wait it out. But when it wasn't improving, and I wanted to train to run a half marathon in May-I made this appt. So, I left the appointment with a cortisone shot in my foot. He saw a tiny bone spur too. They put on a compression bandage for the first day, with a walking shoe. And I was not supposed to be on it much for 24 hours. Hmmmm.....track meet.....what to do?....I was a good girl. I sat for most of the meet. I do not like to sit at meets. I like to move around to cheer and get cool pictures. But I sat.
Now I wait to see if it works. No running for a few days, then a slow restart, if I am having no pain. And, back into the boot each evening. AND I have to be better at home, no slippers-shoes with the inserts only! No half marathon for me next month. Oh well.
Here's to a pain free week!
:o)
1 comment:
we should get you bling for your boot.
Post a Comment