The kids just finished their first semester. Finals went okay for each of them. Michael struggled a little in calculus (but how many of us didn't?). Kelsey continues to be self motivated to excel in school.
On Friday, I drove Michael, Jaclyn, and Kelsey up to Western Washington University in Bellingham. It is located just over an hour north of us. Michael has been accepted there, but had never seen the campus. And since we are waiting to see if he gets accepted to his first choice (University of Washington), I thought a campus tour would be a good idea. I had never actually been to the campus either. It is a beautiful smaller college located amongst large wooded areas, and with views of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands. Michael enjoyed the tour, and it became a more realistic option. This weekend, he also received his acceptance letter to the UW Bothell. This is a satellite school, located not too far from us. Next weekend, he will audition for the orchestra at the UW (main campus in Seattle). He thought about quitting orchestra since he has played his viola since 5th grade. But, if he can get into the college of his choice by playing his instrument, then he is going to give it a shot.
I also want to mention a wonderful dinner I had this week. Two of our nurses hosted a dinner for the rest of the nurses at NSP. It was their Christmas gift to the nurses. All but one of us made it that night, and it was a great evening. Thank you Janet and Mako.
Finally, I want to acknowledge Pat's birthday. According to Kelsey we are not officially old until we reach 50! So, we have a few years left to go!!

No comments:
Post a Comment