Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bridle Trails 2010

Well, we survived another run.  This one was on a muddy trail. Michael and some friends have now done this for three years.  I watched the first year, tried the 5 miler last year, and increased the challenge to 10 miles this year (as did Kelsey, my Dad, and my running buddy, Dory).  It is set up for runners to opt to run one loop (5 miles) or two, or six!  There are also team/relay options.  The max distance is 30 miles.  And, yes, many people run the whole distance solo.  Wow.  The other interesting twist with this run, is that it doesn't start until 3pm.  So, if you are lucky (like we were yesterday) runners can almost run two loops with daylight.  Otherwise it is running on a muddy trail, in the dark.  I enjoyed the challenge of the second loop.  But, I liked it because I had company to run with me.  I don't think I could ever be out there in the dark, by myself.  And, I am proud of our guys that do.
I am honored to run with my dad.  He is such an inspiration to me.

Here are all the girls before the run (all ran 10 miles):

me, Ellen, Kelsey, Tori, Jessie and Dory
Michael's relay team:

Ben, Jake and Michael
the group shot at the end of the race:

(minus a couple girls that needed to leave early)

No comments: