On yet again, another beautiful day here in Washington State I found myself at our local zoo. One of Kelsey's good friends works/volunteers at Woodland Park Zoo and she wanted to give us a personal tour. We finally found a day that worked, and the weather cooperated. The day began with a short run around the zoo's local neighborhood, followed by hours of fun. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our day:
Tori, Jessie (our guide), Kelsey and Ellen:
Dory's first visit to our zoo!
I experienced a few firsts at this visit: I finally saw the snow leopard cubs, the hippos were the most active I have ever seen them, one of the wolves was spotted (no picture, sorry), a gorilla that kept vomiting up her food, then eating it again (gross!). This will be the last visit to the Nocturnal House-it is scheduled to close in March-but we saw the sloths actually moving!
Life at home update: Michael was unable to audition for the UW. The time conflicted with a high school ensemble, neither could move the time. He didn't want to let his quartet down, so he stuck with the ensemble performance. He has one other chance to audition in March, not sure if he has decided to try again. This is a hard parenting moment. Pat and I believe that the audition is Michael's best chance at getting accepted to the UW. But, Michael has begun to doubt his talent, and he is really ready to be done playing his viola. So, it is his choice to pursue the audition. I'll keep you all posted.


No comments:
Post a Comment