November has treated us to some typical fall weather. Beautiful crisp sunny days and ugly dark rainy days. I'm once again shocked how quickly the holiday season has arrived.
I am back to 10 miles in my running. Yay! My foot has felt pretty good, which, of course, I hate to say out loud. After last weekend and running 4 days in a row, it has flared a little. I'm taking a few days off this week, so it can calm down. I really don't want to get up in my mileage and have it stop me. I have plans to run three half marathons next year. I discovered that I can only run in my toe shoes, for runs 5 miles or less. The more distance I added, the more sore the balls of my feet were becoming. I now run my longer runs in a racing flat. We will see how far I can go with these, since they are fairly minimal cushion/support too. I am still working on adjusting my foot strike, not landing on my heel, but more on the midfoot/forefoot.
Alright-here are some pictures from this month:
 |
| tailgating before the Ducks game (Kelsey and I did not go to the game) |
 |
| xc banquet-captains |
 |
| on the wall at the school |
Thanksgiving was at our house. Michael worked a shift at Albertsons, and was home by dinner time. Pat smoked the turkey, and all the food was delicious! Even the new crockpot recipe I tried for the stuffing turned out well.
 |
| with Mitch and Shelley-my newer running buddies. We got out for a 4.5 miler in the morning. Then they stopped by for a beverage. |
 |
| the craziness of my family...note Michael turned away, Pat offering a turkey leg to Kerri, and Kelsey's hand turkey with Ryan (extra credit for a class) |
 |
| at the Macy's parade downtown on the Friday after |
 |
| cousins! |
 |
| found our co-worker, Drew |
No comments:
Post a Comment