Saturday, November 12, 2011

October 2011

(I've posted two blogs today, so if you want to read about the end of our Europe vacation, it's here too). Now here is my October:
In the march before the Sounders game-US Open Cup final
Sounders win!
Michael had come with friends from B'ham, he found Barb and I. 
A new generation has been introduced to the Dawg Dash. Krista's kids ran in the pup run. It was 10 years ago that Michael and Kelsey ran their pup run here, with about 15 other kids. This year they had two waves, so the little ones wouldn't get trampled.
Kelsey and I ran the 5K, with Dory. Kelsey was at the end of her season, and her recovery day pace kicked my butt! I was dying at the finish. But, we also ended up running a 26:54. :) This November the Husky stadium is going under a major remodel. It will won't reopen until the 2013 season. Next fall, all the games with be at Century Link Field, downtown.
Dawg Dash
last look at the old stadium......
 My baby is all grown up. Sniff, sniff. Where did the time go?
The "evolution" of Kelsey is complete.
I went to the homecoming assembly this year. It's fun to see all the work the ASB put into this. This year's assembly was very nicely done.
homecoming assembly
Class spirit day with her former, and still favorite teacher, Dory. 
Michael came home twice in October. One weekend, we all saw the Blue Man Group at the Paramount. Awesome show. The other weekend was the final cross country race for Kelsey. It also happened to be the same race where he made it to state. (I will blog separately about the cross country season after we have the banquet).
kids checking out Michael's room in B'ham.
Halloween. Kelsey and I went over to the Kennedy's to trick or treat with them. It is kind of a tradition. Kerri and Krista came to our house for years to walk with me and the kids. It also happens to be the "anniversary" day of when Paul met our kids.
Fireman and Unicorn

enjoying someones fall garden :)
I believe this gets me almost current on my blogging life. There, is, of course, a lot of other "stuff" happening:
I am signed up to run a half marathon in February. My foot seems to be behaving for the most part. I am up to eight miles for my long runs.
Kelsey is in the midst of college applications.
I still have parts of my life that are hugely disappointing and sad, even lonely.
Work is getting busier-flu clinics have been going well.
Had a trip to Seattle Children's cardiology to check on weird vision events that Kelsey had while running a couple times. End result, she's fine-could have been dehydration or migraine.
And I am SO not prepared for the upcoming holidays! Yikes.



No comments: