Kids: Kelsey is heading into finals week, and is stressed! She is still working 5-6 hours a week at the office. And she's logging 2-6 hours a weekday getting her sports med training hours completed. I only have a text or two with Michael per week. We haven't had a chance to Skype with Ryan and Kathryn lately. He seems to like his classes this quarter, is currently fighting a cold, and just bought himself a goldfish!
Foot: I have just completed stage 4 (out of 10). Today after 25 minutes on the elliptical, I ran 3 minutes, walked 1 minute, twice, followed by running 4 minutes, walking 1 minute, twice. I go to the gym occasionally, if it is dark. Otherwise I have been doing the elliptical at home, then going down to the park to run on the trail. Now for the controversial part of my recovery. I am going to the park to run, because I have been wearing my vibrams (my funky toe shoes). In all of my reading/research of barefoot running-the key is to start slow. Well, I figured I am starting slow anyway-why not combine the two? And, I have read about how so many runners had their plantar fasciitis improve with barefoot running because you run with a different form. I won't go into any more details of it-just google barefoot running and you will have all the information you need. I have some heel pain, but I have to say that my foot HAS actually felt a little better lately. I'm afraid to actually type this as to not jinx it. I am still wearing my running shoes on the elliptical, and at work. I've gone back to wearing some slippers at home, sometimes with inserts, sometimes without. That is honestly my biggest question now: how much support to have on a daily basis? The next question is how honest to be with my podiatrist at the next appointment??
Travel: I am so happy to say that we booked our flights for our family trip this summer. All four of us are going to Europe for 14 days! (2 of which are travel) Our itinerary is not finalized, but for now it looks like we will fly into Rome and spend 5-6 days there, including a day trip to Pompeii, and maybe the coast. Then we take a high speed train to Venice, staying 3 days. An overnight train will take us to Munich. We are not sure if we are spending any time there, or just jumping on another high speed train to Berlin to wrap up our trip. Yippee!! I am so excited to give the kids the opportunity to see some of Europe, and to share the Italy experience with them. Germany is new to me and the kids. Pat enjoyed his time there in November, and is happy to go again.
Well, I think those are all the updates for now.

p.s. Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad today!
No comments:
Post a Comment