Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas "take 2"

The family gathered again at Karol and Doug's house this morning. They missed out on Christmas eve, due to an illness. So, we had a nice brunch and exchanged gifts. It wasn't quite perfect, because Michael was not there.
I took my camera outside and shot some beach pictures. I am considering updating my iPhoto to Aperture. It seems that I can do a lot more editing in Aperture. And the cost has dropped a lot since you can download it directly online now. But it is still a cost-and I tend to be stingy!!



I see a face here
To update you all on the office changes now: my opinion so far is good, but some tweaking needed. I work the early shift. I am now getting to the office around 7:15 am, about 45 minutes earlier than I used to, and we start seeing patients at 8am. On Monday, I was scheduled to work 10 hours. Each day there will be one nurse working the 10 hour shift. Eventually, I will only work 8's, but some of the nurses that want the longer shifts are out right now. (having babies, etc....) Tuesday, I was supposed to work 8, but ended up being more than 9hrs. Wednesday, I was home by 5:15-that was awesome!!  The hardest part is that our doctors have appointments open after we are supposed to be getting ready to go home. They check in any of those appointments on their own. As nurses, it is hard to leave when you see work still to be done. It will be a work in progress for a bit.

Finally.....drum roll......I have been given the okay to SLOWLY restart running. Every other day I have a set list of what I can do. I do each set twice before moving on to the next set and only if I have no pain. I have completed the first set. On Thursday and Saturday I ran one minute, walked one minute, five times each, for a total of five minutes running each time. I have had no additional foot pain!! I am doing this at the gym with a warm up on the bike first, then I hit the treadmill. I am not a treadmill fan, but this is easier to control the timing, and I know that I am completely warmed up first. I am not sure if I will get to the gym after work, so my progression may be even slower than they recommend.
I will follow the rules-I really want to be able to run St. Patty's Day Dash in March.

1 comment:

Amy and Matt said...

Those darn nurses having babies...GEESH! Yeah, glad about the running! You earned this girl!