Based on my last post-here are some updates.
Work: we have all agreed that we need to work until our doctors are finished seeing patients. This means there really isn't an 8 hour shift anymore, more like 8.5-9 hour. There is still one 10 hour shift a day. We don't want to make anyone work longer if they need to get out for daycare, etc., we can cover for them. We are getting paid for our time since we are not salary. I am not sure if this is the new normal, or if the schedule will be getting tweaked at a later date. But, we are all happier since we don't feel the need to rush out at the end of the day.
I have also been helping out with revising our office's website. It is a fun challenge. I'll post the link when it is all up and running.
Kids: Kelsey finished the semester with A's, and one A-. She is very self motivated about her grades. I continually remind her that we are happy with her efforts and hope she is not too hard on herself. (yes, she is bummed about the A-) Michael just finished his midterms. I have no idea how he is doing, grade wise. And that is how it is supposed to be in college. I really miss him. This is the longest stretch of not seeing him in person. Oh, and apparently his goldfish died. :(
Foot: I did stage 7 yesterday, run 6 min, walk 1; run 7, walk 1; run 8, walk 1. I am still running in my Vibrams. I have random heel pain, calf pain, ankle pain-but usually short lived and hours after I have ran. I have read that transitioning to "barefoot" running can tweak your calves for a while. I did my follow up with the podiatrist this week. He did not feel any more swelling/inflammation on my heel. This is what I wanted to hear! And then he followed up by the magic words: no need to see him again!! I chickened out, and did not tell him I was running in the Vibrams. He didn't ask, so I didn't lie about anything :). Work is still the most frustrating shoe situation. I tried clogs last week, but walked a little at lunch, and that may have been too much. I need to find out if I need highly supportive shoes at work, or minimal support. Trial and error, I guess.
Travel: we now have all of our lodging booked. We are staying in a friend of a friend's apartment in Rome. It is located in Ponte Milvio, which is a 10 minute tram ride to Piazza del Popolo, north of the city center. In Venice we are staying at Hotel Bernardi. It is a block off of the Grand Canal at the water stop Ca' d'Oro. (very close to the famous Rialto bridge). Then we are at Hotel Otto, near Savignyplatz in Berlin.
I received some news last weekend that I will need to process. Ugh. Not sure where this situation will end up. For now, taking one day at a time.
1 comment:
uh, news?
Post a Comment