Sunday, September 26, 2010

the emotional side

I posted all the details of my past few weeks recently. But now I want to share my feelings, if I can put them into words.
During my childhood, I always knew that I wanted to get married and have children. I was fortunate enough to find someone, and have two wonderful kids. But I never truly had any thoughts of my time after the kids left the house. It is something you can not imagine when you are in the throws of night time wakings, potty training, homework, discipling, driving to/from music/sporting events, etc. I have been a hands-on, involved mom and now that time is rapidly coming to an end.  Yes, I am still a parent, but as a friend said, it is more of an advisory roll. I do realize that I still have Kelsey at home. However, I know how quickly these two years fly by (and how independent they want to be), and I can't help but know that soon we will have the "empty nest."

In all honesty, my biggest accomplishment in life has been raising Michael and Kelsey. I am so proud of both of them. They have grown into such amazing young people.

So, what now? I'm going to watch Kelsey continue to grow into a beautiful young woman, and be here when she needs me. There are other aspects in my life that need work. Not all of it, I can do alone. That is one topic that doesn't get blogged about.

Bottom line: I do feel sad, a little lonely, but most importantly PROUD OF and HAPPY WITH the two lives we have help guide through their first 16 and 18 years.

No comments: