Another typical start to the week. Work is crazy busy for both Pat and I. The kids had a four day school week. Thursday was a meet at our school. We had nice weather, but the kids were focused more on their weekend invitational. Friday morning we loaded up six vans/cars and headed to Ocean Shores, WA. We arrived just around lunch time, and our rooms were not quite ready. So, everyone got ready for a run on the beach. The rest of the day included activities ranging from the beach, shopping, miniature golf, then dinner and some bowling. The weather could not have been more perfect for an October weekend!
Some of the guys had fun on the beach:
I had to get some artsy pictures:
![]() |
| Kelsey and friends going in the water-crazy girls! |
At the Hoquiam Invitational:
Varsity Girls (minus one) with Coach Katrina

They placed 5th overall, out of 11.
Varsity guys placed 3rd overall!! (out of 11)
It was an overall really fun weekend. Well, until about an hour away from home. I was the third and last car in our smaller caravan home. I look in my rear view mirror and see lights.....I change lanes......the lights follow me.....and for the FIRST time in my life, I am getting pulled over. Now, remember that I have a van full of teenagers (including Michael). So, the officer says I am following the car in front of me too closely. I should mention here that I car I am "threatening" has my daughter in it!! I explain that we are taking a team home, and we are traveling with each other. Because it is my first offense ever.....does he give me a break? Nope-I get a ticket. The kids have been texting and calling the other kids in the other cars. The officer leaves, and I proceed to have a break down in front of the kids. The other two cars have waited for us at the next exit, and I get to be a mess in front of more kids. Wow, not the most fun thing. I am hoping my sagging/puffy eyes are better by work tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment