Monday, October 19, 2009

Districts and Dawg Dash

I'm just going to touch on the highlights of last week. Thursday was the kids' district meet. The varsity boys held on to the trophy for their 3rd year in a row. (winning in a tie breaker!) Michael was 4th overall, and first for our team.

And our girls were 2nd!

Friday night and Saturday morning we helped friends move.....it poured!
And Sunday was our 9th annual Dawg Dash. Thankfully it did not rain on us. The kids are so much faster than me now! But, they both had to run "easy" because their cross country season is not finished.


The update on Kelsey: she had her laryngoscopy testing on Wednesday. They have ruled out asthma. This is good, however-you can treat asthma. She does have some vocal cord dysfunction. During her winter (non xc/track) season, we will likely proceed with their recommendation of speech therapy. It teaches different ways of breathing as coping mechanisms. I will try to keep an open mind for this. I just can't imagine running a race, and trying to breathe differently. But Kelsey has tried to manage her breathing on her own. The race on Thursday was a hard one for her.....her squeaking was back.....but she persevered and finished! I am proud of her for continuing to do her best.
All right, that is the quick update. I could go on about how busy work has been. I will save that for another time.

No comments: