January was all about snow.
One weekend was spent at my grandparents family cabin in Cle Elum. Kelsey and I met up with the Kennedy's, mom and dad, and Kerri and Eric. The adventure for me was getting the van up the icy driveway. Short story=didn't make it quite to the top. van sliding backwards on the icy hill. dark. ditch on one side. bad words said by me. stuck. blocking the driveway. Eric trying to help. icy pine needles are slippery too. malibu. caretaker finally pushing us up with the help of a chained up forklift==finally made it. pop open the bubbly!! There was not a lot of snow there that weekend, but enough for the little kids (and occasionally the bigger kids) to sled on a small hill. The girls all got out for a run together. I love those moments.
 |
| kids had us up early enough to capture this sunrise |
 |
| Kelsey and Ryan-and some big smiles |
 |
| Kathryn enjoying the sledding |
 |
| our hike |
 |
| three sisters and two poodles :) |
 |
| some bubbly was much enjoyed! |
 |
| collage I made of Kelsey and Kathryn |
The following weekend we had snow at our house. And it kept snowing for quite a few days, enough to close our office early on Tuesday and not reopen until Friday. Kelsey was excited for some no school, snow days! I got out for a run in the snow with Shelley. Everyone thought we were crazy-and maybe we were, but it was fun!
 |
| taken on my snowy run. this is the main street by our house |
 |
| storm clouds-looking from our front porch |
 |
| cold palm tree |
 |
| this was the peak of our snowfall. it took over a week to all melt |
Then the next weekend was our planned snowshoeing trip up to Mt. Loop Highway with coworkers. I do love snowshoeing! We stayed on the main road due to local avalanche concerns. It was beautiful!
 |
| Mt. Loop Highway |
Now we are into February. And we've actually had a couple sunny, high in the 50's, beautiful spring days. If only it lasted longer. :(
Tomorrow I leave for Canada with Mitch and Shelley to run in a half marathon in Vancouver. Kelsey is coming along to watch and cheer. We will pick up Michael in Bellingham on the way. He is running it also and this will be his first half marathon.
My training has been going well, I think. My heel has been feeling good, with the maintenance of 10+ mile runs. I think Dr. Annie Armstrong is helping me with her ART. And her trainer, Brittany, has helped with some strengthening exercises. These exercises found muscles that have been ignored. So much so, that I ended up in an ice bath after a run because I was SO sore!!
There are some nerves about the race this weekend because I have unintentionally set a goal for myself. I've also been developing some blisters on my feet due to the change in my gait/running. I'm hoping I can just power through the hot spot feeling.
I'm also excited because it looks like I'm heading to Cabo in May for a girls' week with Jude. WooHOO! What's more shocking to me, is that I am missing the last two track meets for Kelsey. She was getting so angry at me for thinking of not going because of this. So, I believe air tickets will be bought this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment