So, it's April 1st. The day Kelsey was to find out if she got into Stanford. She had her movie plans for the morning to help her keep her mind occupied until the 3pm email. This day has been marked in our brains for months! Well, she got the email on Friday, her 18th birthday, and she was not accepted. Not a nice birthday present. However we had a house full of family and friends that evening that each said they were sorry, however were quite excited that she will be at the UW, and staying close to all of us! The waiting is over and I am ecstatic! It was going to be really tough to move her out of state. She will live on campus and I WILL have an empty nest this September. :( It is also nice, because UW and WWU are both on quarters. The kids will, more or less, be on the same schedule.
Ok, time to back track to catch up: I left off in February. The First Half half marathon went well. I did not break the 2 hour mark, that I kind of hoped to do. But I did run a personal best. And, I ran 11 of the miles on my own. I averaged a 9:12 pace. It was mentally and physically challenging for me. The weekend overall was great! A wonderful time with Mitch and Shelley and my kids. We met up with Vinita and Tulip for dinner, and they gave us a ride home on Sunday, as the Roberts' stayed until Monday. This was also Michael's first half marathon. The boy rocked it! He got 3rd overall in his age group!
I have "graduated" from my visits with Dr. Annie and Brittany. My heel has been relatively quiet. I am slowly rebuilding my mileage as I took some time off after Vancouver. My next half marathon is in May after I get back from Cabo.
The other exciting events in February were seeing Michael perform in the band, Roosevelt. He joined their group in January, playing his viola and singing. We have seen them perform three times, and they are awesome! To see him on stage singing and playing with confidence is heart warming for the mommy. He is so happy when he is playing with them!! If I can upload a video that I took with a point and shoot camera, I will post it in this blog.
I'm not thinking this video will ever upload. Sorry, I tried.
March brought my birthday, which as I tweeted was 90% awesome/10% heartbreaking. I don't expect much these days, but how hard is it to wish someone a happy birthday??
The other 90% made my day from all of the wishes from family and friends. I started the day with an early morning run with Shelley and Mitch. Followed by coffee and a gift of purple compression socks!! I had the Kennedy kids that day, and we drove up to get Michael. He had composed a birthday video for me, containing bits from a variety of people. Yes, I bawled when I saw it! I was told later that he had been working on it since before Christmas. Kelsey made me flowers and delicious cake balls. I ended the day with my sisters and my family at our house with mojitos and a nice sushi dinner.
Kelsey has started her last track season. We have had some cold, rainy meets already, and one sunny one. I am proud of her for choosing to stick with it.
My sisters and I had a wonderful, WONDERFUL spa day. It was Kerri's Christmas present to me and Krista. I had my very first facial. Man, I wish I could have that pampering every week! Kerri spoiled us! We followed our spa day with some shopping, some bubbly and an early dinner.
Michael spent his spring break in New Orleans with his college youth group. They worked on rebuilding houses, and he mostly worked on flooring. He says he had an awesome time. (I stole this pic from his Facebook page)
Another rainy, but successful St. Patty's Day Dash-followed by 14 Carrots cinnamon rolls and breakfast. This year it was Dad, his three daughters, and his oldest granddaughter. I love this tradition.
Kelsey and I have been to our first Sounders game of the season. It was not raining, and we won!
Now that catches me up. But here are some photos from Kelsey's birthday gathering:
This week is Kelsey's spring break. I have a couple days off. The weather looks to be crappy. I haven't even planted my peas yet-it's been too cold and wet. We have even had snow off and on throughout March. I'm hoping for more days that look like this:


No comments:
Post a Comment