Kelsey was doing a baby/childhood project for AP Psychology last night. She was going through her baby book and photos. I love, and have always loved, going through old photo albums, and reminiscing about those times. Of course, having her do this in the first week of 2012 is rough on me. Some of my close friends have heard this already, but I am not super excited about the new year. This is a year that was supposed to be so far away......the year our youngest graduates from high school and heads off to college. The empty nest is upon us. It makes me teary to even write this.
I'm pretty sure I have blogged about the fact that being a mom has been my favorite job ever! It is a job, and it is a lot of work for many years. But then the active parenting part fades away when you aren't looking. I am still a mom, will always be mom. But it is just different now.
Yes, I'll adjust. I have survived Michael going off to college. I will survive Kelsey going too. We don't know where she is going yet. That will be decided in April.
There are also other major decisions that I will need to make eventually. I have put it off for a while. And, knowing me, I will continue to postpone it. I don't like to make waves, but I also may need the change. This is vague, I know. But it's all you get.
I have a TON of stuff to be happy about, and I am. I have a good job, great friends, supportive family (mostly), and my health. I am so happy to be running again. It really does more for me socially/mentally than is needed for my physical health. On that topic, yes, as I've built up my mileage this winter, my left foot has been acting up. I am proactively seeking help, so I can keep training. I am seeing a gal that does ART (Active Release Therapy) and an athletic trainer, who is giving me foot exercises. I guess I have some oddities to my feet, like my big toe pulls up a lot. After two appointments, I have hope. So, currently, I am still running! I'm also thankful for my two new running buddies, they have helped me so much. I don't even know if they know how much they inspire me, and keep me pushing my limits. (they even get me out of bed to run at 5:30 in the morning!!)
I have friends that are struggling right now, physically and emotionally. I hope they heal quickly.
2012. Yep, it's here.

2 comments:
love you Korrynie =)
2012 may be the year we discover who we are next meant to be. You know my heart, and that it aches along with yours for the changes that have happened and the ones yet to come. My hope and prayer is that our hearts, forever linked by our bond of friendship, will continue to stretch and grow and find that place of happiness - and that our feet will be healthy! I love you, my PHriend!
Post a Comment