June snuck in when I wasn't looking! Could be that I was in the middle of a road trip from Reno, instead of back at work like I thought I would be on June 1?
Let me back-track: Kelsey left on Thursday before Memorial Day weekend to be Nina's support person at the state track meet. On Friday, I borrowed the Kennedy's Explorer (mostly because it had the car seats already secured) and took Ryan and Kathryn up to Bellingham to bring Michael home for the long weekend. The kids did great. (yes, even Michael-haha!)
Kelsey was home Saturday evening, and we had a nice family dinner together that night.
I was up early Sunday morning to catch a flight to Reno. The plan was to help my friend Jude get her husband's motorcycle ready to be towed, wait for her movers to pack up their place, and then hit the road. Well, here is where the first of a few unexpected things happened: when I landed in Reno it was SNOWING!! I left an expected 60+ degree day in Seattle. Oh, and I flew on a WSU Cougar decorated plane. Then the next unexpected treat: the movers never showed on Sunday. Some story about the truck breaking down, then the helpers not being available...blah, blah. So we stayed in her apartment that night, and the movers arrived at 9am Monday. The time frame was to be 4-6 hours. Umm, nope-try 11.5 hours! OMG! Such a long painful day. As the day progressed it was looking more and more like we would not be back home until sometime on Wednesday. I was supposed to work that day. Thankfully my nurse manager said they would work it out. Phew. We had really been hoping to get on the road that day. Instead we stayed at a local pet-friendly hotel in Reno. Poor Mister, their kitty was not too happy about any of this. As we gather our overnight stuff, and the cat-Jude accidentally locks her keys in the Jeep. This was the topper on a very long, emotional day. Thankfully I had my AAA card. A very nice gentleman was out within 15 minutes and had us unlocked.
We were up and on the road by 10am on Tuesday, after our piece of toast and one hard boiled egg left at the continental breakfast. I kindly asked Jude to find a Starbucks for me, which is why it was a later start.
Since we had no time obligations that day, we made a detour by Burney Falls in CA. Our destination was Eugene. We found another pet-friendly hotel and went to check in. They were full-and we were stuck. Remember that motorcycle we were towing? Well, neither of us know how to back a trailer. This hotel did not have a circle or pull through. A kind stranger helped get us out of the driveway....ah, more unexpected adventures. The next hotel was more trailer friendly. Wednesday was a better continental breakfast and "normal" five hour drive up I-5 from Eugene. We made it back by 1:30pm.
The good news is that their stuff was delivered on Thursday, and the Miles are settling into their new place. Which happens to be just 2 miles away from us!!
Let me back-track: Kelsey left on Thursday before Memorial Day weekend to be Nina's support person at the state track meet. On Friday, I borrowed the Kennedy's Explorer (mostly because it had the car seats already secured) and took Ryan and Kathryn up to Bellingham to bring Michael home for the long weekend. The kids did great. (yes, even Michael-haha!)
Kelsey was home Saturday evening, and we had a nice family dinner together that night.
I was up early Sunday morning to catch a flight to Reno. The plan was to help my friend Jude get her husband's motorcycle ready to be towed, wait for her movers to pack up their place, and then hit the road. Well, here is where the first of a few unexpected things happened: when I landed in Reno it was SNOWING!! I left an expected 60+ degree day in Seattle. Oh, and I flew on a WSU Cougar decorated plane. Then the next unexpected treat: the movers never showed on Sunday. Some story about the truck breaking down, then the helpers not being available...blah, blah. So we stayed in her apartment that night, and the movers arrived at 9am Monday. The time frame was to be 4-6 hours. Umm, nope-try 11.5 hours! OMG! Such a long painful day. As the day progressed it was looking more and more like we would not be back home until sometime on Wednesday. I was supposed to work that day. Thankfully my nurse manager said they would work it out. Phew. We had really been hoping to get on the road that day. Instead we stayed at a local pet-friendly hotel in Reno. Poor Mister, their kitty was not too happy about any of this. As we gather our overnight stuff, and the cat-Jude accidentally locks her keys in the Jeep. This was the topper on a very long, emotional day. Thankfully I had my AAA card. A very nice gentleman was out within 15 minutes and had us unlocked.
We were up and on the road by 10am on Tuesday, after our piece of toast and one hard boiled egg left at the continental breakfast. I kindly asked Jude to find a Starbucks for me, which is why it was a later start.
Since we had no time obligations that day, we made a detour by Burney Falls in CA. Our destination was Eugene. We found another pet-friendly hotel and went to check in. They were full-and we were stuck. Remember that motorcycle we were towing? Well, neither of us know how to back a trailer. This hotel did not have a circle or pull through. A kind stranger helped get us out of the driveway....ah, more unexpected adventures. The next hotel was more trailer friendly. Wednesday was a better continental breakfast and "normal" five hour drive up I-5 from Eugene. We made it back by 1:30pm.
The good news is that their stuff was delivered on Thursday, and the Miles are settling into their new place. Which happens to be just 2 miles away from us!!
| Memorial day weekend snow in Reno |
| Mister |
| Burney Falls |
| me and Jude at Burney Falls |
| ah, good ol' NW weather |
| Hello Washington! |
Ok-other stuff:
Michael is in his last week of his freshman year of college. Finals are this week. I pick him up on Thursday to move him back home for the summer.
Kelsey took the SAT again today. She wasn't happy with her previous score and wanted to try again. The ACT is next weekend.
Foot-is still a pain in my life! I have good days and not good days. I can't figure out what is helping and what is hindering. I just don't want to stop running. It is my therapy.
Europe trip-we have finalized all of our lodging and transportation while we are there. Our day trip to Pompeii is planned, the admittance tickets to the Colosseum are bought, the bike trip in Berlin is booked. Now if the e-coli in Northern Germany would go away, that would be awesome.
Oh, and lastly: I made it through my first day with Kathryn in panties. Her diaper days are no more. I can't wait for the day when I don't have to watch her every move. She'll (ok, I'll) get there!
COUNTDOWN CLOCK. WE ARE LESS THAN ONE MONTH!

No comments:
Post a Comment