Sunday, June 19, 2011

June activities

We are rapidly winding down the month of June. It can be such a busy month.
Michael was moved home as planned. It went quite smoothly. I learned that I still love the usefulness of my minivan. I am looking at eventually replacing it, but maybe after a few more dorm/college moves. And, it gets to go to cross country camp with Michael (as a counselor) and Kelsey-for her last xc camp. Since we leave for our big trip that same week, I am not going. Kinda bummed, as I love to run those mountain trails.

Kelsey is down to her last week of school. These days are actually snow make-up days. Graduation was this past Thursday. I helped out at the cake serving table. It was nice to see those "kids" I know in their caps and gowns. So proud of them. Only one more year, then it will be our turn again. Oh man.
from left to right: Christina, without her cap/gown, Maddy, Kelsey, Kailey, Brandon, and Jaclyn

This week I also went to a fun event at our local zoo. It was a fund raising wine tasting event. There were six of us and we brought in a picnic dinner, and enjoyed some yummy wines. They keep a few exhibits open-so we were able to walk around with a glass of wine in hand and see the penguins, bears, otters, wolves, etc. Just a different feel there at that hour with adults only. It was how I celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary-with the girls :)

it's bring your own wine glass--cheers!
This weekend included a graduation party for Jessie (a running teammate of Michael and Kelsey's) and a run with Dory on Saturday. It may be our last one together for a while. She is running a half marathon next Saturday, and then the following Monday she leaves for Europe. I'm still out there-running twice a week, typically. And running in my Bikalas. At work I've been wearing my Brooks or Kinvara running shoes-I think I just need more support for all the standing I do at work. My off work days, I'm in crocs, vibrams, or running shoes. It depends on the day, and how sore my foot is feeling. I've been using my boot at night to keep my fascia stretched. I still haven't totally figured out what shoes I'm bringing to Europe.
And today is Father's Day. We headed to Kerri and Eric's house for a nice run/walk with Dad, followed by lunch. I have to share the deliciousness of their BBQ lunch-steak, shrimp and huge prawns, with scalloped potatoes (with help from El Gaucho/Waterfront Restaurants). Kerri also shared some home made havarti cheese that she and Eric made in a class. So yummy! Oh, and I can't forget the mimosas. Ah, a taste treat.

Dad's day run-if you know me, you know these people



COUNTDOWN CLOCK. KINDA FREAKING OUT THAT IT IS SO CLOSE!!









No comments: