Ok, what has happened since my last post?
I've continued to build up my running mileage. Last weekend was spent in Spokane running in a huge event called Bloomsday. It was the 35th anniversary, and it had over 55,000 runners this year! Everything about this weekend went above and beyond my expectations. The weather was great for the run, I had an awesome running buddy, great fellow travelers, a bed to sleep in with a wonderful hostess, and I saw my kids more than I thought I would. Michael had planned to run this event with his friend, who is at Eastern Washington University. So, he drove over on his own. With a little bribing of free food and a closer location to sleep before the race, I ended up seeing him (and Jake and Ciara) a fair amount. Kelsey happened to be in this same town for a sports med competition and had a break between events to walk around the expo with us.
The run, itself went really well. It was a 12K, or 7.46 miles. My feet were tired by mile 6, but finished just fine, and did not have any problems the next day. I have bought another pair of minimalist running shoes. They look more like running shoes so I can wear them to work.
![]() |
| our group leaving the house |
![]() |
| Candice, Ciara, me and Taira |
![]() |
| just a few fellow Bloomies heading up "doomsday" hill |
Track season is wrapping up. Tonight is the school's district meet. Kelsey is hoping to be done soon. She has had some good runs, but also some bad runs. She just can't quite get a complete handle on her vocal cord challenges. She has taken one of her two AP exams. She continues to amaze me with her knowledge base. She definitely got her father's ability to retain a lot of info!
Other news: our friends, Dean and Jude will be relocating back up to the Seattle area, from Reno. Yay! Dean will be staying with us later this week as he starts his new job, and Jude tries to get everything packed up (again!).
Michael is going to be moving into a house off campus next fall, not returning to the dorms. Some of his friends wanted him to live with them. It will have a total of 6 people living there. The house is a block away from the bus line, for a quick trip to campus.
I think each phase of parenting you are in at the moment seems the toughest. Be it the sleep deprived baby days, the defiant toddler days, the sending them to elementary school days, the 'letting go' high school days and now the letting them become independent days. It's hard to just guide, and hope the decision made is the right one. I know he'll be fine. He is an incredible young man. :)
That's all for now! Thanks for reading.



No comments:
Post a Comment