Sunday, April 17, 2011

April news

Mid April is upon us. The weather really hasn't changed. Still very cold and rainy. It snowed April 6th! I'm not sure we have been above 50 degrees yet this month. I finally got out and mowed our lawn before it got too unruly this week. I had to wear a hat, gloves and up to five layers at the track meets lately. My moods have had some low moments. The lack of warm sun on my face is taking it's toll. What keeps me afloat, is knowing that my life is really quite blessed. It could be so much worse, so I keep plodding along.
Speaking of plodding-I am running six miles as of this morning! I am still in my new toe shoes. I'm having some ball of feet discomfort, especially in the morning. But other than that, the toe shoes mileage advancement is going well. This week, I was in my running shoes for a stint on the elliptical and in hiking boots later that day at the rainy track meet. Guess what came back the next morning? Yep, my heel pain. Grrrrr. I've been icing, and wearing my splint at night to help that go away.
Other plodding news-Kelsey is midpoint in the track season. She is continuing to better her one and two mile times for this season. She seems to be enjoying herself. And it is fun to watch her mentor some of the freshman girls.

There is other news in Kelsey's life. She and her friend Ben have made it facebook official-they are dating. :o)  In reality, nothing has really changed. They are a pretty low key couple.
Michael turned 19 on April 7th. Kelsey and I (with his roommates knowledge) drove up and surprised him in the morning before classes. We brought FROST donuts and I even stopped at the store grabbed some milk. I wasn't quite ready to not see him on his birthday. It was Kelsey's spring break, so we made a day of it. We had lunch with one of her former coaches, Katrina, who we miss dearly! And then hit the outlet malls on the way home.
Pat has booked our train from Venice to Berlin. We are going to take a day train out of Venice so we can see the Alps. Then it will be a sleeper car night train from Munich to Berlin. Yay!! 73 days......

1 comment:

Amy and Matt said...

hang in there korrynie!