Sunday, April 3, 2011

April showers bring......

.....more rain! Ugh, the rain can really stop for a while. Please! It has been a really wet spring here in the lovely Pacific Northwest. My daffodils are finally in full bloom. I prefer them to be blooming by my birthday, not my kids' birthdays. Ok, I'm done complaining about the weather.
Life: it's pretty good right now.
Work: our website is up and running. If you have any interest in viewing it go to www.northseattlepediatrics.com. There are still a few modifications to be made, but we like what we have so far. We have had some slow days (except all Mondays-they are still crazy!) lately. I think it is the economy swing, and families don't have insurance right now. Maybe? We shall see what happens.
Kids: Michael is back up at WWU starting his spring quarter. He actually gets to take a sailing class. How fun is that? He was sort of home for spring break. We had him here on the weekends. But during the week, he and three high school friends flew to CA. Of course, they landed in LA with sideways rain/wind. Only then to get to Long Beach and find their boat to take them to Catalina Island had been cancelled. It all worked out, and his highlight of the trip was getting resort certified in scuba and diving in the kelp forests.
Michael very excited to find their dinner location in Long Beach!
The remainder of the week was spent in Anaheim, with a day trip to Universal Studios.  This Thursday he turns 19! It will be weird to not have him home for his birthday. Another first of many....
We did celebrate birthdays while he was home. We asked if they wanted it early so we could all be together.
Kelsey turned 17 last week. It was a rare occasion to have it during school, as they are normally on spring break. I think her friends made it a great day for her. Then she had a track meet, and ran her least favorite event, the 2 mile. She came home to a decorated house, by some very artistic, creative friends. And had sushi for dinner!!

She got her SAT scores back. I think she did well, she is not happy with them. She is only unhappy with one part. So now she has to decide if she's retaking the entire test-just for that one section. Her choice. 
This week is her spring break. Not much planned, except track practice and working.
Running: I still am out logging miles!! Yesterday, I was able to get up to five miles. I now have a new pair of toe shoes-the Bikilas LS. They have laces, and a little more padding on the soles. I love them! I have learned that I need to run with socks with either of my toe shoes to prevent blisters. I signed up to run Bloomsday in Spokane on May 1st. It is a 7.5 mile run, with over 50, 000 runners. This will be an experience. :o)
Travel: My previous post is our countdown clock for our vacation. I will likely repost the clock, so it stays close to the top of my page. We start to book the trains soon, and we still need to book some tours. We definitely want a tour guide through St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel and the Vatican museums. We need to decide on a real guide vs. an audio guide in the Colosseum and Pompeii. 
TTFN

No comments: