So, my last post was about Krista's big birthday. Since then, I had a not-so-big birthday. But it was a good one. Kelsey was up and back by 6am with my favorite coffee and muffin for breakfast. Then at work, I had a nice visit by the Kennedy clan. They brought me flowers (from Kerri too), a card, and a colored picture from Ryan. Kathryn is at the age where when she sees me, she bounces! It warms my heart. Michael had left a gift with Kelsey from the weekend before when he was home to work. It is a family picture from last summer, in a frame. Pat, Kelsey and I went out for a yummy sushi dinner, followed by an ice cream treat!
When I opened a gift from my parents after dinner, at the bottom of the gift bag, I was surprised to find an envelope with all of my report cards and some test scores. Earlier that day, Kelsey received her ACT scores. Let's just say that Kelsey tests better than her mother. :) It was fun to compare the tests, 27 years apart. The report cards are kindergarten through 12th grade. It is so weird to see them all. Thanks Mom!
Now about that plane ride: Pat and I spent last weekend in Reno, NV. Our friend, Dean moved there last summer. His wife, Jude, joined him at Christmas. She travels up here one week out of the month to keep her clients (like me) happy with our hair. Her birthday is two days after mine, so we decided to celebrate our birthdays together in their new town. Neither Pat or I had ever been to Reno. It was a nice relaxing getaway. We did a little casino perusing. None of us are gamblers, so it was more for people watching. Ate at a nice, albeit smoky, steak house. Be careful in the women's restroom, right Jude? Had breakfast at a local place where our waitress had no front teeth. We toured Virginia City, an old mining town. Drove along the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, with still a ton of snow on the mountains. Taught Jude how to make mojitos. Oh, and to see alcohol in the grocery stores is so fascinating. I wish our state would change its law. I went for a run along their very flat roads. We had the quickest security line ever, in the Reno Airport: we were the only people in line! Home by late Sunday night, and Kelsey had survived the weekend at home alone.
![]() |
| my present :) |
| Jude and I at Lake Tahoe |
Ah, now is the time to update my running status. I still am running (even in Reno). I am up to 30-35 minutes, in my toe shoes. I wore my ballet style toe shoes through the airports and didn't have to take them off in the security lines. That was nice.
Tomorrow is the St. Patty's run. This year, Kerri is out of town, and Kelsey will be taking her place in our dad-daughter (now grand daughter) event. This run is just under 4 miles. My calves get tight after running. I am trying to stretch them, regularly. I am still trying to figure out if I am doing the right thing. And, my concern is knowing how far I can build up in the toe shoes, or should I run in other shoes for longer distances?? I want to just be able to run without having to worry about it!!
Track season has started after Kelsey really debated about whether to do it or not. She just doesn't love it. However, she knows that it is good for her, and can help with training for cross country in the fall. Most of my track mom friends are not going to be there this season. Sad for me.....
Both kids have, or are in the process of registering for classes next quarter/year. Yep, Kelsey has signed up for her senior classes. Life keeps moving at a rapid pace around here.
Well, did I catch you all up on everything? Hope so! This post is long enough as is.

1 comment:
Korryn,
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you've been busy and having fun. I'm so glad you've been able to run again!
Yes, the link to the pictures worked. Looks like a fun trip! I've been to Vegas but never Reno. Pretty mountains!
I had to comment too about you seeing alcohol in the grocery store. That's how it is in Michigan too, and when we first moved to Washington, we could not figure out where the alcohol was! We looked all over the grocery store and were stumped. We finally asked, and they informed us we could only buy it from a liquor store. That was so weird to us! :)
Say hi to the NSP gang for me!
Post a Comment