Sunday, March 13, 2011

omg...two posts in the same weekend

I just had to post a bit about the St. Patty's Day Dash that I ran this morning. This tradition began 10+ years ago. My sisters and I join our dad and run the race downtown. Then we go out to 14 Carrots and enjoy a cinnamon roll or two, in addition to a delicious breakfast. We have had all sorts of weather over the years. Today was a rainy day. Today was also a little different because Kerri could not join us. She and her husband, Eric had made plans long ago to surprise a friend in CA. At the time, she didn't realize it was the weekend of the run. To fill her spot, Kelsey was invited to join in. She fit in nicely, of course. It is always fun for me to run with family or friends. Today was great!
I think I am also pleased because my foot did not hurt. Nothing hurt, actually. I wore my toe shoes, and my toes were numb for the first half. (I expected that) Krista set a wonderful pace for me. I tend to go out too fast, and regret it later. Now, I will have to see how I feel later today, and tomorrow. But so far, so good!
Here are a couple fuzzy pics from today.

No comments: