Saturday, September 24, 2011

catching up: August and September

Yes, I still have quite a bit of vacation blogging to do. However, I haven't blogged about life in quite a while. Life is just busy.....


August:
The month started with our office picnic and the Blue Angels. I really tried to not take pictures of the planes-but I just can't help it! I did try to limit how many I took, really, I did. Summer weather finally arrived!
the kids with Vinita

two sisters and their kids!

Kelsey decided to cut her hair for a new look for her senior year.
One of the Fridays, when I had Ryan and Kathryn-we went hiking at Barclay lake with Amy/Gavin and Betty/Oliver. It was a great hike for kids. Ryan did awesome, but I was thankful that Kelsey came along to help carry Kathryn occasionally.



The four of us O'Neill's did a quick day/evening trip to Vancouver, Canada to support a friend and watch the showing of his movie, Judas Kiss. We all loved the movie, and memories were made!
Cross country season started, and the annual carwash fundraiser was done. Kelsey is one of the captains this year.
Michael started working a full time job, working on screening logos/numbers on soccer and football jerseys. Thankfully he had a friend or two along to help with the carpooling and the monotony of the job.
summer sprinkler fun!



On the final weekend of August, one day was spent boating on the slough. We hadn't gone up that area in many years. We were with Dean and Jude (our friends back here from Reno!)


To wrap up the month, we hosted the 3rd annual steak-off for the cross country team and families. We had 40+ people here-it was a lot of fun!
the judges of the steak-off: Ben, Michael and Jake

friends forever! Kelsey and Rachel

September:
Kelsey's senior pictures were taken on the UW campus. Our friend, Kaycee was our amazing photographer.
We stayed around for Labor Day weekend. Kelsey had the girls on the team over for a sleep-over and the making of the team shirts. This year they did tie-dye.
I was able to go to the season opener for Husky football on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and we won!

Then on Sunday we drove a van full of stuff to Michael's house-to-be in Bellingham. So, his bed, desk and tv stand got set up. We met all of the housemates. :) It is the nicest college rental house I have ever seen!
Kelsey is now a senior! I have such mixed feelings. I am so proud of the amazing young lady she has become. But I know this year will go fast. I am not ready to let her go!! But it has to happen. <sigh>

Then just 9 days later, Michael moved up to Bellingham to get officially moved in. Yep-I was a mess for a bit. This move just seems a little more permanent, since it is to a house. Once again, proud and happy, but also sad.
I have mentioned this on Facebook-but being sad that my kids are growing up and moving out, just means that I actually like my kids. And, I do love my kids. How did I get so lucky??
I got to spend a great evening with Michael at our friend, Shelley's surprise 40th party. Michael helped her stepson, Denver set up for the party. They had hired an 80's band, and we danced! It was so much fun to dance with Michael and just share the awesome evening with him.
There have been a few cross country meets. Kelsey has tucked away her negative feelings about running, and seems to be going after a good season. She still struggles with the breathing-but she has taken control of it, instead of it controlling her. I just want her to have a fun senior/final season of XC.
time trial-the alumni

the girls team in their tie dye

I am back into team mom mode. There have been many pictures taken already.
Kelsey's biggest cheerleaders!


I ran in an open race at one of the invitationals. It was just me-and I did a 27:11. That made me happy, I hadn't run that fast in quite a while. My feet continue to have their sore moments. But all, in all-it seems good.

Well, fall is in the air. However, we have had a warm stretch for the past few days. It was tough to go in and work the flu clinic today (another sign that fall is here!). Tomorrow it is supposed to change to rain. I guess it is time.

Who knows when I will post again.







No comments: