Sunday, August 2, 2009

wow! what a week

It has been quite a week: Monday we had wonderful visit at work with a former nurse. Marcia and her husband, Nathan, came by with their youngest, Lauren. It was fun to catch up! Tuesday I worked as the temperatures outside were rising. By Wednesday we broke the record by getting to 103 degrees in the Seattle area. At one point my car registered it as being 106! I took a snapshot of my Yahoo weather icon. I like to see the weather of areas I have lived in or travelled to. I found it very entertaining that our daytime temperature was going to be higher than Florida, Illinois, Jamaica and Rome! We actually have continued with above average temperatures. But thankfully a couple days ago our natural air conditioning returned and lowered our evening temps. I love warmth...but I don't love this much heat when we don't own an air conditioner in our house.


On Friday I was honored once again to be invited to the birth of Krista and Paul's second baby. They now have a girl! Kathryn Marie was born at 2:31pm, on 7/31/09. She weighed 8#14oz (much bigger than Ryan at birth). The Kennedy family are all doing well.

Kelsey is so excited to have a girl cousin!
Michael and Ryan can compare sister stories!

During this time, we have been dog sitting our friend's dog, Porter. We love Porter and have watched him multiple times over quite a few years. On Thursday I noticed a lump under his chin. He was acting okay, except for not eating breakfast that day. But also keep in mind that by Thursday, our house was HOT! Likely inside temps around the low 80's. We called our friends, and we decided to watch the lump. Well, it continued to grow, and move up towards his jaw. I tried to get him into our vet, but they only had Friday afternoon open. (ummm, see exciting news above......we weren't home much on Friday) So, here we are looking at the weekend, trying to figure out what to do. Thankfully, Lisa (dog mom) was able to beg her vet to look at him on Saturday. He was there by 10am, had surgery at noon! They removed 200cc of fluid. We brought him home, and he had a drain. So, the picture is of our dining room/recovery room for poor Porter! Michael (dog dad) now has Porter comfortably resting at home. Phew.....he's going to be okay.

Sunday we went down to Boeing Field for our annual viewing of the Blue Angels as they take off and land. And we get a little bit of the high show, and other fly overs.
It was a wonderful way to end an eventful week! Here are just a couple......I took A LOT.....pictures. :-)





2 comments:

Amy and Matt said...

wow! what a week!

Krista said...

Awesome Blue Angels pictures!