Sunday, October 12, 2008
I'm exhausted....
I have been on the go since Thursday! The kids had a cross country meet after school. Within an hour of that finishing, it was curriculum night. I went to Michael's classes, Pat to Kelsey's. We got home around 9 pm. By 9 am Friday morning, I was at the high school again. I drove, as Taira and I followed the cross country team to Richland, WA. (about a 4 hour drive-we chose NOT to go on the bus with the kids!) Once in Richland, we drove to where the invitational was to be held, and ran the course, then checked into the hotel, and thankfully had a relatively quiet evening. Taira and I left the hotel with one of the coaches at 8:30 am, out into 34 degree, but sunny weather. Katrina (the coach) and I were going to run in the open race at 9:30. We each got third in our own age groups!! By the time we were done, the team had arrived and the rest of the day was running around getting pictures and cheering for all the kids. Michael ran three miles in 16:55-breaking 17 minutes for the first time. And Kelsey ran the course in 23 minutes (a best time for her too). For perspective, I ran it in 25 minutes! I think we got out of Richland at 4:30, home at 10 pm after stopping for dinner in Yakima. The craziness does not end there. Months ago, I had signed the kids and I for our annual Dawg Dash. I believe this is our 8th year. So, after not sleeping well, we are up and out by 8 am again on Sunday morning. Thankfully to another cool, but sunny autumn day. Michael took it "easy" and ran the 5K in 20 minutes, as Kelsey, Ciara and I had a pleasant 30 minute run. My favorite part today, was hearing the Husky pep band playing "Louie, Louie" on the way into the stadium at the finish! So, really, I am tired. And that is why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment