Friday, October 3, 2008

a happy heart moment

Sorry that I haven't added much to my blog lately.  To be honest, there has been a lot of sadness in the past few weeks.  Our family lost an uncle (my uncle), suddenly, and he was much too young. A retired coworker lost her husband, this week, to cancer. I have had some struggles with parenting teens.  And I have been working through other emotional issues....which I don't care to blog about.  However, the title of this blog is "a happy heart moment."  Here is my story: it is about running, but I won't bore you all with more pictures of my kids running (this week).  At the cross country meet yesterday, as Kelsey was finishing her race she was trying to pass a couple other girls from other schools.  I was at the opposite end of the track, so I knew she couldn't hear me, even though I was screaming for her to GO!  Then it happened.....I saw Michael on the inside of the track....jumping up and down, cheering his sister on! She was able to pass the two girls in the last 50 meters.  Michael was one of the first ones there to give her a high five after she finished.  It just made my heart happy..... and there you go, my story.

No comments: