Last weekend the sun came out and work was done on the kids' old elementary school playground. Thanks to many involved, the school had won a Pepsi Refresh grant. It was fun to help put together the new equipment. I worked on the big web. It was also great to see a lot of the teachers that taught my kids at the school.
| working on the web |
Later that day, I went to a retirement party for one of my former charge nurses at the childbirth center at Northwest Hospital. Susie's family held a great celebration for her at their house on Camano Island. It was a beautiful day, and I saw many nurses that I had not seen in almost 15 years!!
Then this weekend, the sun was out again. Friday night was our annual Seafair parade here in our town. Krista and her kids joined Kelsey and I along the parade route. It is such fun sharing parades with the joy of young kids.
| at the parade |
Saturday, the Kennedy's had a family afternoon gathering for Ryan's 4th and Kathryn's 2nd birthdays. Great food, yummy cake....and fun family time!
| the boys |
| my grandma, aunt, niece and daughter |
Then later that day, I had a full van to drive downtown to run in the Seafair's Torchlight Run. We did the 5K, and some of it is along the parade route. It was a new route this year, which ended up being quite hilly. (last year, I did not run it due to my stupid foot). Great things: I had borrowed Kerri's parking pass, so we had great parking; there was nice grassy shaded area to wait/gather; my kids being with me; some of the parade participants were staging in our area-inluding the Husky marching band and cheerleaders; Ciara as my running buddy!! Besides it being hot and hilly-I was very happy with my time. Not my PR-but not really out to get bests anymore-I just want to be out! Ok, I ran a 28:13 and finished 16/188 in the female 40-49 division. :)
![]() |
| Husky band in the shadows, under the Space Needle |
My foot is better, but still "talks" to me. I'm trying to be nice to it, by icing, and varying my shoes. And now, I apparently have some ankle thing on my other foot. So, I guess I just deal with aches...and try not to make it worse.
Today the sun has hidden behind a good, wet marine layer of clouds. So, it's a shopping day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment