Sunday, July 19, 2009

another hike: McClellan Butte

Kelsey, Amy and I changed our plan of hiking Bare Mountain, after reading that getting to the trail head was better for 4x4 cars, not minivans. And it would have added a couple more miles of walking to get to the trail head. So, we headed for McClellan Butte. It was a 4.5 mile one way, 3500 foot elevation gain, "kick your butt" hike! And, me of all people forgot my camera. I used my cell phone, and Amy sent me pictures that she took (thank you, Amy!). We had a gorgeous day to hike: blue skies, not too hot, and almost 360 degree view at the summit. Here are a few pictures:




a cool ice cave/tunnel on the trail...Kelsey went through it quickly on the way back. Amy and I hiked around it.
our lunch view



1 comment:

Trinkly said...

What great shots! Looks like a 'kick butt' or 'kick your butt' hike for sure. Glad you enjoyed it.