Sunday, March 15, 2009

side note

I thought the next post would be about track.  But I am needing to type out some feelings today.  I just returned home from a memorial service for a 19 year old.  Josh graduated last year, and ran cross country and track during Michael's freshman year.  I remember him as a cute young man, with a great smile.  He expected a lot from himself.  What I learned today, was that he gave a lot of himself too.  For reasons we will never know, two weeks ago he committed suicide.  As I sat there today, listening to friends and family, and watching a slide show of his life, I can not imagine what his parents are going through. This is a child that is only a couple years older than mine.  How painful it must be to lose a child.  I am not vert eloquent with words. I feel that there is more to be said. I will remember Josh....a runner....rest in peace


No comments: