Monday, February 16, 2009

I went snowshoeing!

This weekend a group of friends (coworkers) went snowshoeing on Mt. Rainier.  It started out cold and blustery.  Thankfully the wind stopped, and the visibility improved as the day went on.  We think we did a 6 mile round trip hike.  This was my first snowshoeing adventure.  I loved it!  I think it helped that it was ideal snow conditions.  We stayed on a trail/road for the first part, then we headed up to Mazama Ridge.  As much work as it was to ascend, I think I worked just as hard heading down the mountain...we ventured off the previously traversed trail and made our own, in the deep snow! 
My first picture (and there are a lot, sorry) is of Amy and I......thanks Amy, I had so much fun.....let's do it again!
This is the parking lot that we had lunch in during our motorcycle trip earlier last summer.  Wow, how different it looks now.
My favorite picture of Drew:

Our favorite part.....going down!  Here is Jim demonstrating how we did it!


Yep, still heading down the trail......what trail?


Drew looking back at where we had just hiked.  We were up on the top of that ridge.


The sun peeking out at the end of our day


I stole this picture from Amy....all the girls: Susan, Janet, Betty, Amy, myself, and Kim





1 comment:

Amy and Matt said...

Nice pics Korryn! Glad you went. It was seriously so much fun!